The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
BUG: Crash in background when syncing with BingoDisk WebDAV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni Response:

This has been filed internally at Omni as:
bug:48500 (Crash in background when syncing with BingoDisk WebDAV)

If you are also experiencing this issue please
Email OmniFocus Support
Original User Question:

The latest couple of builds randomly crash when I'm not using the app (when it doesn't even have focus). Anyone else seeing this?

I knew it was beta, but it's much much less stable than the pre-1.0 release betas.

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-29 at 04:01 PM..
 
As always, please be sure to send in your crash reports. We'll be happy to look at what's going on.

And yes, please, is anyone else seeing this?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
As always, please be sure to send in your crash reports. We'll be happy to look at what's going on.

And yes, please, is anyone else seeing this?
You bet - I've sent several.

It's also crashing shortly after I add a new task - every single time. Last time I looked (because I was in the same space), and saw the sync icon in the toolbar running, so I presume that it's a sync crash, but can't confirm.

Using WEBDAV to BingoDisk via HTTPS just in case.
 
I've never had it crash when I'm not using it, but I did have one crash per machine after loading a new version (103388) on each of my machines. It tried to sync on startup and crash. I sent the crash reports. Those are the only actual crashes I've had during the entire 1.1 sneakypeak.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhotka View Post
You bet - I've sent several.

It's also crashing shortly after I add a new task - every single time. Last time I looked (because I was in the same space), and saw the sync icon in the toolbar running, so I presume that it's a sync crash, but can't confirm.

Using WEBDAV to BingoDisk via HTTPS just in case.
Confirmed - turning off syncing solves the crash problems completely. Since I still get the 502 error on the iTouch, syncing isn't an issue at the moment, but once that's fixed, I'll try again.
 
I am seeing this issue and am using bingodisk.
 
Crash stopped when I took the s from https out of the address. Some say this may not be secure, but I am not using it on a public network.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrjohns View Post
Crash stopped when I took the s from https out of the address. Some say this may not be secure, but I am not using it on a public network.
I've updated our bug to note this.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS5 Background Syncing skotleach OmniFocus Syncing 1 2011-07-29 03:46 PM
Crash using https on BingoDisk success2be OmniFocus for iPhone 0 2008-08-18 10:41 AM
Syncing with WebDAV rjf7 Other WebDAV 7 2008-08-18 05:31 AM
Bingodisk, WebDav, and SSL/HTTPS kingsinger Other WebDAV 1 2008-08-12 06:03 PM
Using BingoDisk: Where is OF field for WebDAV MichaelG Other WebDAV 5 2008-07-11 07:32 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.