The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bordless PDF printing. Help! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've looked all around on the internets, have asked friends, and have spent hours on this. I cannot figure it out.

I've created an OmniGraffle document with a box that extends from the left-most edge of the page to about an inch from the other side. When I print using the Canon iP1800 driver on my system the box mentioned above gets cut off on the left size of the page. This printer driver has a "Borderless" option and even when "Amount of Extension" is set to Max the border appears in the preview window (see attached image). This happens even when I choose "US Letter (Borderless)" as paper size.

Thinking this problem was specific to this printer I've installing CUPS-PDF and used a number of different drivers but I get the same results-- the PDF always shows with the borders cutting off the image. I've even created a custom borderless paper size but no luck there either.

Any idea what I need to do to print a borderless PDF of my OmniGraffle document? I never imagined this would be so difficult. I'm using OmniGraffle 5.1.1 on OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2 copy.png
Views:	582
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1029  

Last edited by 3030vision; 2009-08-26 at 12:07 AM..

Have you looked at your printer margin settings for the document (using the Document Inspector); is there anything there that would indicate the source of the problem?

Wow, that's totally it. Is it just me or is this setting completely buried? I had no idea there were Document margin settings beyond what's in Page Setup, and that it doesn't default to use printer margins (although that makes sense I guess).

Anyway, thanks!!

I've just spent a day struggling to find why printing wasn't working as shown on screens.

I'm not sure that your "I guess that makes sense" isn't overly generous.