The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Question everyone ...

I followed the instructions, and I can get it to duplicate a project, but it isn't replacing the placeholder text nor changing the date for me. I am getting the prompt for the new "Due Date" and for the "ClientName" (what my placeholder text is), but it won't fill it in for me.

Any ideas?

Can you post an image of your template project?

I would check to make sure you've spelled the placeholder exactly the same everywhere (including no spurious whitespace, for example). If it isn't an exact match, there won't be a replacement done.

As for setting the due date, I haven't been able to reproduce that. I'm not sure why you wouldn't get a date set if you got prompted for one—I think the usual error is not putting a due date on the template project which means you don't get prompted for one. Maybe the issue will become evident if we can see the project.