The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

next action in parallel project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello there,
Iīve been using OF for quite some time and I like it very much!

A next action makes total sense for me in a sequential project. But how about a parallel project? For me they all have the same level of "next", I could do any of the next, thatīs why itīs parallel, right?

So what is my error in reasoning?
What purpose has a next action in a parallel project?

Do I have to use the "single action" type to overcome this problem?

Thanks for your help to understand the theory behind this next actions I am trying to implement into my productivity workflow these days.

Next actions in a parallel project allow you to apply a level of priority to the tasks and then focus on only the most important task in each project by viewing only the top (next action) in the list. This is entirely optional, however. If you want to view all available actions in every project, change the view filters from Next Action to Available. Sequential projects will still show only the next, unblocked action and parallel projects will show all uncompleted actions.

Hi Greg,

your second sentence solved my problem. I was not able to distinguish the difference, but the explanation with the difference of "next action" and "available" made things clear!

Great!
Thanks for your quick help!