The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I use "Waiting For" or "@waiting"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
not sure if there’s a way I can make the app do what I'd like here, but thought I'd ask.

I’ve got my perspective setup to show me what I need to be working on today. I have a task to call Joe and get some information from him. I call and leave a message with his assistant who will check with him and get back to me. I change the context to ‘waiting for’ because I've now done the action item I needed to do.

I’d prefer to not see this task remain in my actionable list. I’d like to see it drop off the main ‘to do today’ perspective and be accessible in a ‘what am I waiting on’ perspective. But without a smart folder paradigm that allows me to select which contexts to include, that ain’t gonna happen.

Is there some other attribute I could change on this task that would get it off my main view but still keep it as an outstanding item elsewhere?