The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Persistent drop shadow on all text in flow chart Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using Omnigraffle 5.2.1 to make a flow chart. I began by editing a diagram style: Org Chart Color, which seems to have shadowed type. Since most of my boxes are white, the shadows just make the type look fuzzy. I have done everything I can think of to remove the drop shadows, but they persist. Used the Inspector, selected all objects, turned off all shadows. No luck. Select boxes one by one, select type, try to turn off shadow in Inspector. It's not on. Tried the same in Edit Diagram Style. No luck so far, except for one box's type. No idea what I did, cannot delete the drop shadow from any other box.

Don't know what else to do... Any help appreciated.

Check to make sure that the text isn't shadowed in the Font panel, there are shadow controls there as well.

Thanks for your reply. I saw it at home (have OmniGraffle at both locations) and checked there, since I didn't remember seeing that option in the font dialog box. I saw it...

This morning I checked here at work. No option in the dialog box. It appears to be missing. I then checked in the dropdown under Format > Font > Copy Style and was able to copy the one bit of type I managed to delete the shadow from. So I've managed to fix the problem, but what do I do to restore the Fonts dialog box to showing the Shadow option. Definitely doesn't here at work, but does at home.

Reinstall?

Try resizing the Font panel, those controls will hide if the panel is too small.

So, why didn't I think of that? Thanks, that did it!