The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sneaky Peek update not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since the sneaky peek that I was using expired I downloaded the most recent version and it immediately failed. I got the following message:

The unzip library failed to open /Users/Suzanne/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/00000000000000=396EE213-FFB8-403D-A54F-BEDCBAF64D9E+a8A9aK0Jhv_.zip

I click ok (my only option) and then another pops up with another number. This keeps going until I finally force quit it.

I sent feedback but I haven't heard anything. I saw that the ninjas are really behind but I"m getting annoyed that it is completely down. I can't believe no one else seems to have this problem.
Anyone know a fix?

I'm not seeing the problem with rev. 103490. What's your revision number? (It's in OmniFocus --> About.)

Have you tried working backward through the sneaky peeks or grabbing the new newest one? Occasionally a sneaky peek gets posted with a major bug. (Sneaky peeks are posted automatically by Omni's build system.) Usually a bug sneaky peek results in lots of forum traffic, but depending on the timing, people might have missed the bad version.

Curt

I am using v77.9.0.103490.
I was using another version and so I downloaded newer version twice and replaced the old version. In each version it happens.

If the automatic update isn't working, please try downloading directly from the sneakypeek page:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/

Then, quit your current version of OmniFocus, drag the new version to the application folder, and re-launch. If you then continue to have issues, contact us via email, its possible there is a permissions issue, or something else that we can help you with.

This is where I got all my versions from. I also emailed support 2 days ago. What should I do now?

This sounds like something that you need to email support about.

Likely a permissions issue, or something of the like. Use the "Send Feedback" menu item in the app to send an email, then we'll know your current version, and be able to proceed from there.

(As always, we can't promise to provide technical support on the forums, so emailing is our preferred option.)

O.k. I'm trying again but I already did "send feedback" on Monday and got nothing back but the auto response. I'm now emailing custumer service begging that they repsond to me. I reaed on here that they are 6 days behind in the emails.
I'm hoping that begging will get a response but if there is something that I could try on my end... All my work is basically being held hostage since I can't get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkinz View Post
O.k. I'm trying again but I already did "send feedback" on Monday and got nothing back but the auto response. I'm now emailing custumer service begging that they repsond to me. I reaed on here that they are 6 days behind in the emails.
I'm hoping that begging will get a response but if there is something that I could try on my end... All my work is basically being held hostage since I can't get to it.
Well, they won't see your begging message until after they've seen your original message.

But to be clear... you can't open OmniFocus at all right now?

If you haven't tried downloading the release version you should try that, and possibly just wait until the next release to upgrade. If you've run a sneakypeek successfully you'll need to have the release version use a backup of your database since it uses a different file format.