The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Mail clippings vs. Mail Act-On Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post

i decided to set alt-2 as the shortcut for clip-o-tron. now a strange thing happens. i launch mail.app and hit the shortcut - there is a ding sound and nothing happens. then i go to the services menu and select "sent to OF". that works. and thereafter, alt-2 as a shortcut works also.
My guess is that you did not have a message selected in the list, or the focus was in the wrong pane. That will get you the beep, and when you happen to click on the message list before using the services menu, suddenly everything works!

If the message in the list is not highlighted in blue, the Clip-o-tron won't work, and you'll just be using the regular clipping service if and only if you've got some text selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If the message in the list is not highlighted in blue, the Clip-o-tron won't work, and you'll just be using the regular clipping service if and only if you've got some text selected.
I am very certain that I have the message highlighted. And I even uninstalled mail act-on. still the same behavior - (right after launching mail.app, the shortcut does not work. then when i launch the same shortcut using services menu, that click works. and thereafter the shortcut works also.)

Any thoughts on what else to look for?

Take a look at the services menu before you try to do anything. What does it show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Take a look at the services menu before you try to do anything. What does it show?
this is what looks like. i guess you are giving me a clue as to what to fox, but i didn't get it :(

Click for full size - Uploaded with Skitch

You said earlier that you were using alt-2 as the shortcut, did you change it? In any case, I asked you to have a look at that so we could know that Mail was starting out with a shortcut assigned, and that it is the one you expect. If that is true (the first part certainly seems to be), and you really have a message selected in the message list and that is the frontmost window and invoking the clipping shortcut still produces nothing but a beep, you should call up the support ninjas and see what they have to say.

i did change the shortcut from alt-2 to ctrl-0.
will call support as you advice.

thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
i am still having this problem. when i set a shortcut for clip-o-tron with ctrl-key in it, mail act-on takes over.

i decided to set alt-2 as the shortcut for clip-o-tron. now a strange thing happens. i launch mail.app and hit the shortcut - there is a ding sound and nothing happens. then i go to the services menu and select "sent to OF". that works. and thereafter, alt-2 as a shortcut works also.

strange. i am sure there is a way to solve this problem of "having to teach mail.app the shortcut for clip-o-tron".

anybody got clues what is going on?
I think I just had that problem and solved it. The problem for me was that MailActOn "capture" all shortcuts in Mail.app that includes the ctrl-key. But when I went to the keyboard-settings panel in OSX (or whatever it's called in english, I have a swedish system) and then add a shortcut to the menuitem "OmniFoucs: Send to Inbox" (the same shortcut by the way), then it suddenly works and MailActOn doesn't notice it.

/lage