The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Planning actions over a few days Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I feel like an idiot here, seem to be asking what are very basic questions. One more about how to do something I would like to do.

Is there some way I can (without doing this with start and end dates as this is fairly labor intensive) plan out todo lists for for a series of days, i.e tomorrow I want to work on these tasks, the next day these, the following day these, etc. It would be great to be able to simply drag actions into day headings. It would be totally cool if actions not done one day could then automatically shift to the next day, though this is not necessary.

I can set up projects for each of the next, say, 5 days and then drag actions into each day, but that ends up disassociating the actions from the projects.

I can copy an action as a link into a note field under, say, a "tomorrow" project, but this just shows the link and forces me to write a new description of the action and gives me none of the nice features associated with an action like a check box for when it is done.

Clueless!

Thanks,

--Kenoli

Dan Byler wrote some nice AppleScripts that might help you. They make it easy to schedule start/due dates for today, tomorrow, this weekend, and my particular favorite, to defer something that was scheduled earlier :-)

http://bylr.net/files/omnifocus/

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Dan Byler wrote some nice AppleScripts that might help you. They make it easy to schedule start/due dates for today, tomorrow, this weekend, and my particular favorite, to defer something that was scheduled earlier :-)
Thanks so much. I'll take a look.

--Kenoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post

http://bylr.net/files/omnifocus/
Sorry to be a pest, but how do I run an Applescript from within Omnifocus?

--Kenoli

download the scripts from his site , and then save them to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus where ~ equals your home folder on your mac .
If you know how to customize your toolbar in OF [right click on the toolbar and choose customize ] you can drag the icons for any scripts you want on the toolbar .

Perfect. I can do all of that. I should get to learning all these mac things one of these days.

--Kenoli

OOPS. Is there supposed to be an Applications folder in the Scripts folder with and Omnifocus folder in it? There isn't.

Should I create these folders???

I tried creating these folders and it worked. Thanks.

A very convenient way to do this in my opinion, is to create a Scheduled perspective. Some details onto how to do this efficiently here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...t=20583&page=2