The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to use "Due" efficiently, not as a reminder? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hey guys and gals!

Ok, so here is the problem:
Due date... Example.
I have a project, "Prepare the list," to do. I have to hand it to Bob on Monday at 9:00AM. It is Thursday. I'm creating a project, then tasks, some phone calls, some emails, have to drive somewhere, need to sort files, etc. The last task is "Give the list to Bob," which is the last unaccomplished task.
It is Monday, 8:30AM, I already started doing something new. Suddenly on my iPhone there is a reminder, about the list for Bob. It is 9:00AM, like the DUE DATE. But Bob told me, "You're late 3 minutes. You're fired!"

So now I'm fired ;-) Begging and complaining about OF didn't help. Bob uses OF too.

OK, So how do you deal with that. I have no idea? Would you set a due date as a reminder at 8:55AM? But Due date it is not reminder.
How/what reminders do you use? iCal works, but only for meetings etc. Not like you have 50 tasks to write in iCal. Too time consuming.

I cannot think all the time that I have something in my Forecast and look on iPhone every 5 minutes.

What solution would you recommend? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Brain

Added:
Also, I need something, because throughout the day I use mostly Forecast to control my next available tasks. Fist I do everything which has specific due date. Some of the tasks can be done only on the date when they occur. Not assigning due date, will not show the task in the Forecast.

Last edited by BrainInside; 2012-10-22 at 07:01 PM..