The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to 'Focus'? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but how can can you 'focus' on a specific project on the mobile client?

Cheers,

Bart

I haven't found a way to do this either... and it's the thing that keeps me from using the App right now, although I did purchase a copy and proud of it. :-)

For me, I need to be able to Focus on Work or Home... using project folders. Right now I have an OF document at home and one at work. I don't want to see all the work things to do when not at work, and the same when I am at work vs home.

If anyone else has a solution about separating Work items vs Home items, I'd love to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
For me, I need to be able to Focus on Work or Home... using project folders. Right now I have an OF document at home and one at work. I don't want to see all the work things to do when not at work, and the same when I am at work vs home.
A separate document at home and one at work? That doesn't really sound like you're using the mobile client? In the desktop version, focusing on a folder is simple (and one of the key features of OF for me) and I'm using it exactly as you describe: one file with both work and home tasks in it. I think it's essential that we can do the same in the mobile version.

Cheers,

Bart

Yes, the iPhone version currently doesn't have an equivalent to the desktop's "focus" feature. If you'd like to see this added, please send your vote to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

Vote to put the 'Focus' back in OmniFocus eh? That's ironic at least, but okay! :)

Bart