The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Postbox as alternative to Apple Mail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have recently started using Postbox as a more fully-featured mail client. I love it, but inevitably I've lost my ability to clip mail items to OF. Are there any clipping functions that can be added to Postbox or is there an easy workaround?

Postbox added support for clipping emails to OmniFocus back in March. Linky to the Postbox blog announcement.

Thanks, Greg. I'll look into this further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixalis View Post
I have recently started using Postbox as a more fully-featured mail client. I love it, but inevitably I've lost my ability to clip mail items to OF. Are there any clipping functions that can be added to Postbox or is there an easy workaround?

Hi Mixalis,

just wondering, how's Postbox working out for you? Is it an improvement over Apple mail or is it just different?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I'm getting on really well. You might want to read the review I wrote in my blog:

http://www.macfilos.com/2010/12/post...his-is-it.html

Michael

HEy Michael,

thanks for the review tip. Looks nice. I tried it for a few days once but got distracted with other things and when I wanted to try it again the trial period had expired.

I also read a lot of complaints from users saying that they had practically no support form the developer. I must admit that made me a little uncomfortable and played a big role in not buying it then.

I will go ahead and buy it since it seems to be what I need.

Hi again,

Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll be happy, particularly since the new version has been introduced since you last tried. I get hooked on it more and more every day and so far haven't found any snags or things that make me wish I was back with Mail.app.

Michael

I've been trying it out for a few days, and this morning (while getting ready for my new year's day mail archiving task) I've decided to switch it over to it completely from Apple Mail. Rather appropriate to start with a new mail client with 2011. With several add-on's I've downloaded, it saves me having to run several other programs in the background.

Great find - thank you.

Ken

I'm glad to hear that. Always nice to have something new for the new year. What about those add-ons? I would be interested to know what you chose.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixalis View Post
I'm glad to hear that. Always nice to have something new for the new year. What about those add-ons? I would be interested to know what you chose.

Michael
I've installed the following:

Quickfolders - now I can easily switch back and forth between multiple inboxes.
Quicktext
Vacuum
ReminderFox - great reminders and to do list review
Import/Export

Ken