The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script to Convert Embedded to Linked Attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, please forgive, I'm running on 9 hours of sleep in 3 days and 3 very strong cups of coffee.

Here is my problem.

I have a very big OmniFocus database. It's because I have a very cool scanner and found a script that let me embed the scans as attachments to tasks. The problem is that this little experiment has backfired. I now can't sync the database to any of my other devices. Kind of a big deal.

I'm trying to work through building an AppleScript that will walk through every task, if it has an attachment embedded, save the attachment to a specified directory. Then it needs to delete the attachment from the task and add it back as a link to the file that was saved to the directory. I'm trying to keep from having to do this same process by hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!