The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perennial Downloads Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I downloaded a couple of small apps successfully and cleared my download window, but every time I restart Omniweb they reappear and start to download again. How can I stop this merry-go-round of downloads?

Thanks.

Sass

If you are using the Auto-save while browsing feature, when you re-open OmniWeb you are probably restoring the pages from which the downloads initiate (and the downloads are set to start automatically, so they start to download again). E.g. sourceforge pages have a habit of doing this. If this sounds like the case, make sure you close any download sites before quitting OmniWeb.

I have the same problem. I would rather not have to not auto-save my browsing sessions or continually close my windows.

I'm not sure where the Auto Save When Browsing option is :-o

Sass

Sass, you want to select Workspace -> Show workspaces; the setting is a checkbox @ the bottom of the window. Note that the setting can be enabled or disabled for each of your workspaces.

Forrest - to fix the problem you're having, you'd actually want to turn that setting off, not on.

Brian, I want the feature on, I just don't don't want files to download again.

This problem was fixed for a while (~5.5ish?) but has been back for a while too.