The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone app is great but too slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
iPhone app is really great, but in order to be really useful it will have to be considerably faster.

Right now it just take s too much time when starting or even when switching between contexts. The delay in interface responsiveness is so much more noticeable when comparing with other apps that have no delay at all.

GTD app should really be slick and quick in order to be consulted (and started) often enough.

I have 2G iPhone so maybe app it's faster on newer model, but on my phone speed is really bugging me :(.

I get a strange lag when entering one of my Miscellaneous categories ( I have work and personal contexts each with their own Miscellaneous ). It can take 5-10 seconds to enter the category while the category stays highlighted after tapping it. There are 12 tasks, I don't think it's overloaded with tasks, and my entire database is pretty small.

The biggest, hardest to deal with lag is when OF on the iPhone must pull down changes from my iDisk during synch. That can take several minutes of staring at the spinning indicator, very frustrating.

Agreed... love the applicatin, but speed is keeping it from becoming part of my "trusted system"

BZ

Yes, we want to make it faster. But we want to get most of the sync issues ironed out before we start making those optimizations.