The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

timescale view difficult to use Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This post is mostly related to Task view and medium to larger projects. The timescale zoom in/out is ok, but the dates it shows makes it difficult to see exactly when certain tasks start and end on a schedule that spans more than a month or two. MS Project gives you more control over this, and I particularly like the ability to show day abbreviations on even large projects (i.e. M, T, W, etc).

Kind of hard to explain without seeing a picture, but OmniPlan currently only shows the Month, and 4 light lines at the current zoom level. In MS Project at a similar zoom level, I could put individual day abbreviations (M T W T F), or if I were zoomed out too far, at least w1, w2, for the weeks in the month.

Also, is there a way currently in OmniPlan to control the thickness and shading of vertical lines in Task view/print?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjordan View Post
This post is mostly related to Task view and medium to larger projects. The timescale zoom in/out is ok, but the dates it shows makes it difficult to see exactly when certain tasks start and end on a schedule that spans more than a month or two. MS Project gives you more control over this, and I particularly like the ability to show day abbreviations on even large projects (i.e. M, T, W, etc).

Kind of hard to explain without seeing a picture, but OmniPlan currently only shows the Month, and 4 light lines at the current zoom level. In MS Project at a similar zoom level, I could put individual day abbreviations (M T W T F), or if I were zoomed out too far, at least w1, w2, for the weeks in the month.

Also, is there a way currently in OmniPlan to control the thickness and shading of vertical lines in Task view/print?
There isn't a way to control the thickness of the vertical line but you can control the color/opacity of it by going to the "Project : Colors" inspector and modifying the color settings for the Separators.

A lot of users have asked for a way to show multiple time-scales on the gantt chart and we are working on a solution for this. I don't know when this will show up in OmniPlan, but we've been listening and want to have it out ASAP. :-)