The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Saving quick entry without the mouse? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Ugh... it's not just the quick entry box that's changed. I'm unable to hit return to add a new action in the project mode if I'm in a field other than the action name (e.g. context).

Please please fix this guys!
I had been thinking that was intentional (although annoying!)

BTW, I'd like to suggest a corollary to the "return always starts a new item" rule, and that is, if an item loses focus without any entry, it automatically uncreates. So, if I have a project, and hit return, and enter "task", and then hit return, I have created two children, one named "task" and one empty. If I click elsewhere, the empty one should simply disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSparky View Post
Is it just me or has the ability to save a quick entry by hitting "return" been lost with the updates.
It's not just you, it's a recent regression and and it's bugging us too. We plan to fix it soon; but it was introduced as part of a crash fix, so it's not a change we want to just roll back.

Well it is not quite as easy, but the cmd-S key combo works. Just about have myself trained to do that.

David

Me too +1, etc. It's really distracting. Most of my entries come from email, so I hadn't noticed till last night when I played with a shopping list. yeesh. :-)