The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Assigned Resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a question about resource assignment for a task.

Lets say I have a task called Painting and its effort is 1 day. I have two workers both working only between 8 am - 12 am. This, I set up in the Calendar view. The Normal week for the project though is 8am-12am, 1pm-17pm.

Now I choose the task in Task View and assign the first worker to the task. In the Gant view I can see that the Duration goes from 1d to 1d 4 h.

When I assign the next worker also to the task I can see that the Duration remains 1d 4h.

I think this is strange. I have grayed out Duration so that it should not change (the two heads grayed out).

I thought that Duration should not change even if I assign it to a person working only half a day.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

/rob :-)