The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

missing projects columns when using "Switch" button Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

I'm often in context mode and find myself using "Switch" to switch back to projects mode to view the full set of tasks for the project i'm currently working on. This allows me to periodically get the big picture of where i'm ultimately going as i move through the given tasks of the project.

My problem is that "Switch" takes me to a project view without many of the columns i want, e.g. no start and due dates or time estimate. How to i set things up to automatically "Switch" to a view that includes these? They're already set in my standard projects view, but that doesn't seem to be what i "Switch" to.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Darren

Are you using a custom perspective in context mode? If so, you can:
  1. switch to project mode (Cmd-1),
  2. configure the columns as you like,
  3. switch back to context mode (Cmd-2),
  4. open the Perspectives window (Ctrl-Cmd-P),
  5. select your perspective in the list,
  6. make sure the “Always restore settings for other mode” checkbox is checked,
  7. click the camera to take a snapshot of your perspective.

If you aren't using a custom perspective in context mode, the you can use the same sequence to create one. Just skip step 5 (select) and change step 7 to “click the + button to create a new perspective”.

Another approach is to double click a task in context mode to open a new window focused on the task’s project. I think that changes to the columns in that new window should stick the next time you open it by double clicking a task.

Curt

Curt, you rock. Thanks!