The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where are my templates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have read on some reviews (and this forum) that OO for Ipad comes with some templates, including 'solarized'. However, my version did not come with any templates, which is curious.

Is there anywhere else I can download these templates? Omnigraffle stencils are easy to find, but for some reason OO templates are harder to come by, and even the solarized home page does not mention the OO version.

The templates being referred to are the sample documents that come with the app. If you don't have those, the likely cause of that is copying over a document through iTunes before ever launching the app. You can download the sample documents from here: http://people.omnigroup.com/dmo/oosamplefiles.html
You can go to that page on your iPad and download them right to the app.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

That is exactly what happened. I was so keen to get started I transferred some of my live outliner docs through iTunes before I had even launched the app. And they must have over-written the templates.
Many thanks for quick response and the links - all sorted now.

I still have the Solarized stuff, but I don't know how to apply it to an existing document.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Flex; 2011-07-01 at 11:57 AM..

Trying to redownload the "Level Styles" file, I don't have an option to "Open In..." OmniOutliner iPad.

Dropbox, Evernote, Goodreader, Teamviewer, and CloudOn are all options, but OmniOutliner does not appear in the list of apps I can "Oen In..."

Perhaps it's because the filename appears as [above URL]/[filename].oo3.zip ?

iOS 5 changed how zip files are handled from Mail and Safari. It used to pass off the uncompressed file but now it's just passing off the zip. We have a workaround coming in the next release to deal with this. For right now, you could add the uncompressed file to a webdav server if you have one and download it from there in OO. Or just transfer it through iTunes.