The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where is my sync preferences button? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My preferences is missing the orange sync button.

Do I have to do something to get that to appear (through isync or something?)

Looking at a screen capture on the WebDAV instructions I see now that I am missing the button to specify the BingoDisk account info.

Help.

You're going to need to get the OmniFocus 1.1 sneaky peek, which is the release that includes syncing to WebDAV.

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU BACK UP YOUR EXISTING OMNIFOCUS DATABASE BEFORE UPGRADING TO VERSION 1.1.

Your existing OmniFocus database should be located at ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus. Just squirrel a copy of that away somewhere before launching the OmniFocus 1.1 sneaky peek, as the new version will upgrade your database into a new file format.

Or simply use the File->Back Up Database... command in OmniFocus to save a copy of your data in some safe place. The paranoid might even zip that up (File->Create Archive... in the Finder) so that there's no chance that the new version of OmniFocus (or whatever program you're upgrading) might spot the old data and helpfully "convert" it for you. Why settle for just suspenders and a belt when you've got duct tape, baling wire and used chewing gum handy? :-)