The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Display wide, print narrow? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When working with OO on screen, I like to have a wide page width (so all my toolbar icons show up). But if I print from that, the text will span multiple pages horizontally.

I could select "Scale to fit page width", but that would give me very small type when I print.

My workaround is to de-select "Scale to Fit Page Width", work onscreen with a wide window, and before I print, I re-size the window to the Page Border Guide, so it prints properly.

Is there a way I could keep the on-screen window as wide as I want, but have it print as if it had been displayed as narrow as the Page Border Guide?

I second this request, sort of.

Can you please add an option to scale document for page width? I resize my window all the time, but I ALWAYS want my printout to contain a size 12 (or 10 or whatever I'm using) font. I don't want the text to print smaller because I make the window bigger, and vice versa.

Yep, I would also like to see such a feature in the print dialog box. Now I keep fiddeling with document to get them readable and 'normal' font size after some creative (and big screen) editing!