The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

my OmniOutliner for iPad doesn't work with WebDAV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm using OmniOutliner 1.2.1 (03/15/2012 released version) for iPad.

For working a doc between Mac and iPad, I decided to use my personal WebDAV which is provided by a web hosting company.

I have been using the WebDAV for a long time, and I've been using OmniFocus for syncing data with the personal WebDAV, and there is no problem.

Today, I start to use OmniOutliner and try to download a doc from the WebDAV, it cannot retrieve data at all. I am able to see that it is able to browse directories and I could select one of them, but when I click the item I want to download, the Outliner for iPad complains that it cannot download and ask me if the server name, user id and password is correct. If one of them is incorrect, I even cannot browse anything.

So, my opinion on the OmniOutliner for iPad has a bug on downloading a file from WebDAV.

For your information, the WebDAV uses SSL http connection (https) with a port number.

Again, I have no problem to use the WebDAV with OmniFocus for Mac and iPad, and even OmniOutliner for Mac. Only OmniOutliner cannot get the data even though it can browse a directory.

Please, help me out how I can get through this situation. Waiting for OmiGroup's fix?

Daniel

Hi Daniel, sorry you're having trouble. What service is hosting your WebDAV server? Are you able to upload files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Hi Daniel, sorry you're having trouble. What service is hosting your WebDAV server? Are you able to upload files?
Yes, I am able to export Outliner from my iPad. Only "copy" doesn't work in the Outliner for iPad.

The WebDAV server is on the host from hostmonster.com, and the port number 2078.

Please contact our Support Ninjas at omnioutliner-ipad@omnigroup.com. If you know how to access the WebDAV server logs, please send that along with your email. Thanks!