The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Mozilla's degree of transparency works well for a project that's built on co-ordinated volunteer efforts, but when we're making plans for what needs to happen in the best interests of our applications, we don't want to have to take "Will a panic erupt on the forums" into account every time we make a change...

Our development database is also laced with information that we can't publicly disclose, so we'd either have to maintain two systems in parallel, or just keep the whole thing private and not have to worry about it at all. :-)

I have to admit that the first reason mentioned above ("inducing panic") never occurred to me, and I don't think it would stop me from sharing any plans in any case—I'd rather get any such feedback sooner than later!

But the second reason ("confidential data") is quite true: our bug database includes private data submitted by our customers which would be inappropriate to share. (In fact, when we had trouble with our database backups failing we weren't even willing to give our database vendor access to the database so they could help us fix the problem. We take customer privacy very seriously here at Omni.)

Note to self: do not use the royal 'we' as often. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
1) Stats - In any view or filter, show me at the bottom how many projects / tasks / contexts. Show me how much I got done last week, last month, last year in terms of tasks and projects. Give me a quick view of how many projects are active, on hold, pending, completed, etc. Give me data, for I need to breath.

5) Speed - It is already getting pokey on my 24" iMac Core Duo with 2GB of RAM. That is wrong.
I fully sopport these ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablofp View Post
To move forward some of my non-urgent but interesting projects, I would like to have relative due dates in each task, so new task will appear after a number of days from the date the previous task was completed. With this approach, my due day list would not appear full of uncompleted items that I have to reschedule, and these projects will flow with my more important or urgent projects.
Recently, I have decided to clear due dates for the tasks of these projects and check the due date of the first task in every revision, adding new due dates as needed. But I would like to write in the due date field something like +5d to indicate that the due date is 5 days after the completion of the previous task.
I second this request . . . Having relative time would be very beneficial.

I would also really like some means of specifying a relative date, but +5d already has a well-defined meaning (5 days from the date it is entered), so hopefully it will be something else.

Did I mention that I would really like some means of specifying a relative date? :-) If you'd like it, too, use Help->Send Feedback to make your vote count...

I would also like to see the stats feature.