The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History like Trailblazer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A while ago, a bunch of UIUC students released a proof-of-concept called Trailblazer. There history model is amazing and it would be great if implemented in Omniweb.

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/macwarriors/...s/trailblazer/

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki
A while ago, a bunch of UIUC students released a proof-of-concept called Trailblazer. There history model is amazing and it would be great if implemented in Omniweb.

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/macwarriors/...s/trailblazer/
I second this. I tried Trailblazer and liked it (but it was too minimal for the rest). Certainly, if a major Mac browser implements Trailblazer-like history, that will be Omniweb and no other :-)

I guess the thumbnail code could be reused (that would allow to have optional collapsing too). So definitely, I'd like such a feature.

Me, too! ;-)

Looks like a great feature to have, as long as there is some setting to limit how much space can be used to save graphic thumbs and such, and most importantly how long the system retains them on the harddrive before deleting them.

Oh yeah, in that video of Trailblazer on the site, I started laughing when I saw that Safari was "the fastest browser on Macs" because we all know that OmniWeb is faster. ;)

Trailblazer looks good. As broadband speeds increase more and more graphics - in this case thumbnails, will be used to communicate to the end user. Disk space is becoming less and less a factor.

Some additional examples of the usage of thumbnails is the Firefox extension/plug-in Better search that bring up thumbnails of the searched pages.

Also look at Browster and Cooliris which prefetch links and show you a thumbnail of the web page on a mouse over.