The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can We Organize Actions via Estimated Time? (iOS) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For the past few weeks I've noticed that the estimated time feature in omnifocus for Mac is a healthy varying calculation of my overall weekly actions.

Having added all the estimated times of my current available actions I converted those minutes to hours, suggesting anywhere from 12 to 16 hours a week..

Some actions are good estimations, others not so much. Sometimes an action will take longer, or sometimes only minuts as opposed to the dreaded longer times.

I would see it a big benefit to go out during my day and quickly glance at either phone or ipad and do the action that best resonates with my current context and available time... And best possible outcome of course.

If you plan ahead and make some perspectives on the Mac that filter and/or sort by the duration field, you can use the estimated time data to a degree. Even though the time won't be displayed, you can still judge relative position.