The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Size of drawings.... you gotta be kidding me Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been playing with OmniGraffle on and off for a while. but not until when i completely ditched PC's in favor of macs do i find myself needing this app for technical drawings for work instead of Visio. I have imported Visio stencils and built some drawings and saved them and I was stunned at the size of drawing with 3 pages 91MB!!!, and if it is converted to Visio so i can share it with people stuck on PC's and visio it is 210MB. If i do the drawings in visio with the same templates it might reach 15-20mb in size.

there has to be a way to shrink these down. I am better off using powerpoint than this. Any suggestions? I have seen threads on file sizes in the forums but there was no resolution.

Is there another visio like product that has more reasonable size file sizes?

Thanks