The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why are items with a future start date "available"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I reported this to the ninjas, too, but maybe I am overlooking something. Quite often (but not always) items assigned a start date in the future remain visible when showing "Available" actions. If I understand the terminology correctly, they should be hidden until the start date arrives. Does anyone else see this behaviour? Am I overlooking a filter setting? Is my database corrupted? I'll provide more details if necessary, of course.

Date filtering and grouping is broken somehow. It quite often behaves strangely for me as well. I've submitted vague bug reports on this, but haven't been able to nail it down to something consistently repeatable. It seems to be related to leaving OF running for long periods. I've taken to restarting it a couple of times a day.

You might try doing a database Backup and Restore to force OF to take a fresh look at the dates.

Curt

I too have been bug-hunting for the OmniNinjas on this, filing a few reports. They are aware that things aren't quite right with dates and availability. I fear it might be something subtle, but I'm sure they'll nail it before 1.0. They have to, frankly, as it makes my "trusted system" distinctly untrustworthy at the moment! :)

I'm glad it's not just my setup that's misbehaving. And I'm sure the ninja's will trace the bug and show it the door.

I just discovered that if i've set start dates to the future, clicking clean up, takes them out of available view.

EDIT: I take that back. It doesn't always seem to work.

Last edited by markbrown00; 2007-07-16 at 08:05 PM..

The bug seems to be gone in the newest builds (I tried 88896 and 88921). Changing the start date to a future value causes actions to disappear from "Available" listings, without invoking "Clean up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
The bug seems to be gone in the newest builds (I tried 88896 and 88921). Changing the start date to a future value causes actions to disappear from "Available" listings, without invoking "Clean up".
Not for me. In 88921 I have tasks with future start dates that are still 'available'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
Not for me. In 88921 I have tasks with future start dates that are still 'available'.
Yeah, no question there are still issues. Keep sending in detailed bug-reports if you can replicate the issue, I'm sure that will help Omni get to the bottom of it.

Another thing to check is that the date in the "start-date" column matches the pop-up date selection widget when you click on that field. For me, they seem to often be out of sync, which corresponds to the availability issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
It only hides tasks with future start dates that are in a project. Single actions still show up.