The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone Omnifocus: how to see attachments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
on the iPhone version of OmniFocus, how do I open files that were attached to Actions (in the Notes field)??

Mike

on the iPhone version of OmniFocus, how do I see and open files that were attached to Actions (in the Notes field)??

(apologies for the same question in Mac forum - I posted that before I realized there was an iphone-specific forum).

Mike

No worries, Mike: I merged the threads into a single one in the iPhone forum.

If you tap an action in the list, you'll be taken to the Details screen. Attachments appear at the bottom. Any attachments in formats that iOS knows how to handle will appear there and be tappable. Does that help?

Yes, that helps - thanks! The problem I was having has to do with the other issue I posted about: one of my Actions - when I add files to it with option-drag - attaches only links, not the actual files! So the iPhone version didn't see anything. It does see the others, where it's attached properly for whatever reason...

Did you send in a support ticket, as well? One of the ninjas mentioned working on a problem that sounds similar - he was going to respond and ask for some more information.

Can't be sure it'll help, but does the "Rebuild Database" item under the File menu on the second Mac cause those links to behave like the other attachments in the database?

If so, opening this page in Safari on your iPhone may clear the problem up there, as well. Earlier this week, I had a few attachments that the iPad app would show but not open. I didn't think much of it at the time, but if the same thing happened to you, there may be something going on.

In any case, sorry for the trouble - if you get in touch with the support ninjas, we'd love to take a look at the database and see what's going on.

Yep, I've been contacted by the ninjas - I'll reply to them directly. Rebuilding it didn't help...

thanks,

Mike