The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

change search engine in the search field Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to customize the search field on the tool bar? Mine has Google, IMDB, Versiontracker and Weather.
I would like to remove some or just add DuckDuckGo, blekko, and Yebol. I know I can make shortcuts but I like to use the search field.

Yes, read the OmniWeb help for search shortcuts. I just made one for DuckDuckGo as a proof of concept. The key is that the keyword needs to have an "@" to signal that it is a search shortcut that accepts extra input (the value you put in the search box).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-10-30 at 3.08.53 PM.png
Views:	783
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	2079  

Thanks whpalmer4,
I got it working