The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Request for Feature: Preference option for Search / Filter field Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy folks,

This may be addressed in another thread, if so, I haven't found it yet.

I'm looking for a Preferences option that would change the behavior of the search/filter field to wait until the user hits return to begin searching.

I find myself frequently using the search / filter feature of OmniFocus. Like a lot of users, I'm often searching my entire set of projects in a global search.

The issue that arises is OF begins searching immediately in a Spotlight-like fashion. With my OF database, the search takes a long time (several seconds of spinning wait) and OF may actually execute multiple searches before I complete typing in my search term.

This results in multiple flow-interrupting delays in the user experience of search.

So, there's my feature request. It's a small bit of polish, but it would be awesome. : )

Thanks,

Jason

PS -- I've used the File->Move Old Data to Archive feature and removed attachments to reduce the OF DB size. The search delay is an issue with live projects and tasks.