The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Labels in Library? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello! A new user of OmniFocus, and a new reader of GTD to boot - I'm up and running and it's fabulous!

Any chance we'll be able to color-label folders in Library à la iCal or the Finder? I've noticed my folders and subfolders and subsubfolders are starting to look like a jumble of letters, but if I was able to color the major ones the same as my iCal calendars, I'd be able to find them quicker. What do people think?

Thanks!

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsheppard View Post
Any chance we'll be able to color-label folders in Library à la iCal or the Finder?
I like the idea. I use colors in other applications as a visual cue. I would use them in OF if that feature were added. I wouldn't want to hold up 1.0 for it, however.

This is a big issue. I suspect that the purists will consider color a distraction (see http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ighlight=color), but personally I find that color provides an extremely useful layer of metadata quite independent of the formal stuff. Some people seem to think in color whereas others just do not. The beauty of it if you do, is that whatever meaning you yourself associate with a particular colour is perceived more quickly and directly than by any other means.

Of course any implementation of color labels (something that Omni apps typically handle very well) would not be compulsory, so it need have no impact at all on the interface for those who choose to ignore it, but the the availability of color for me at least is a deal-maker as far as OF is concerned.