The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Month-based planning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project lasting 36 months, with several tasks, each lasting an integer number of months. I am having a hard time getting Omniplan to do anything sensible with this, however. For example, I have a task that starts on 1 October 2013 and ends on 30 September 2014. That is, it lasts exactly 12 months. But when I set the start and end dates to these values, Omniplan shows the duration as ">13mo".

I have tried to adjust the number of hours in "1 work month" (currently the settings are 8, 40, 160, 1920 for the number of hours in a day, week, month, and year respectively), but I can find no value that gives the 'right' answer for the duration.

I am sure that this is because I don't understand the logic (what does it mean, for example, if I set the number of hours per week to 40 and the number of hours per month to 200, which Omniplan would allow me to do?), but advice on how to get Omniplan to work as I would expect will be very gratefully received.

Thanks