The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: time tracker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It could be nice to have a timer for recording task time. A omnifocus integration with something like Harvest or Freshbooks would be great. These web application have iphone apps too.

It would be nice a applescript which could sync omnifocus with some of these webapps. They have a webservice api, so it could be posible. They have iphone app too.

http://www.freshbooks.com/
http://www.getharvest.com/

Where do you envision the elapsed time being recorded? One could create an Applescript that when invoked recorded the start time in the notes field, and another which calculated the elapsed time and put it in the duration estimate field, or the notes field, and marked the task complete. Having watched the Harvest demo video and browsed the website a bit, I'm not quite sure I see what you have in mind for an OF/Harvest integration. Are you expecting something to enter your OF tasks in Harvest, or what?

I haven't used Harvest or freshbooks, but I'm pretty sure we have a feature request open for time-tracking features. If you email the support ninjas, they can vote it up for you. (Include the other request as well; they can add write them up as new requests.)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-05-04 at 04:58 PM..