The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new context symbol Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
in the new context symbol, what is the red dot that the arrow is pointing to?

I don't see a red dot. I see the "command-cloverleaf". That is, press Cmd-return to create a new context.

Curt

red dots here too...
Attached Images

Ah, my bad. I was one build behind the bleeding edge.

Maybe it's supposed to be an arrow hitting a target?

(I hope this isn't inappropriate, but it also looks a bit like a Mickey Mouse hand with its middle finger raised.)

Curt

I much prefer the more traditional "@" sign.

Looks (perhaps confusingly) a bit like the sequential project icon...

perhaps its an arrow of productivity piercing the heart of laziness and procrastination

The new icon is a bit too conspicuous, I think. It pokes. It prods. But the new, huge red flag in the filter ribbon actually made me hide the whole ribbon! Of course, that's only temporary, I'm sure. Or it would be the very first ugly UI element to come from Omni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
The new icon is a bit too conspicuous, I think. It pokes. It prods. But the new, huge red flag in the filter ribbon actually made me hide the whole ribbon! Of course, that's only temporary, I'm sure. Or it would be the very first ugly UI element to come from Omni.
Obviously you missed the "flagged" toolbar button from a couple of builds ago. :-)

I also prefer the "@" symbol.

Actually, I prefer the first alpha build versions of the full "@" symbol. The latest versions had the tail cut off and reasons from Omni are described in another thread.

Unfortunately I don't have any screen captures of the first builds but I'm sure it's not hard to imagine what a full "@" symbol looks like ;-)