The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem: OmniFocus element stuck in Mac trash can Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus: 1.0 Vapourtrail (v50.0.95014)

Problem: from a few updates ago, OmniFocusMetadataImporter is stuck in my Mac OS trash can and I can't delete it because, it reports, the item is in use.

I've gone hunting around for the process that calls this file - no avail.

Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmellerick View Post

Problem: from a few updates ago, OmniFocusMetadataImporter is stuck in my Mac OS trash can and I can't delete it because, it reports, the item is in use.

Anyone else?
You can use force empty trash command available on some utilities or simply restart your Mac and then you should be able to empty your trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmellerick View Post

Anyone else?
Yeah, I've seen it happen too. I just go into terminal, and type "rm -rf ~/.Trash", which doesn't pay any attention to the "in use" flag which is apparently set on the file in question.

I've seen this happen and have found that waiting another minute or two and trying to empty the trash again succeeds. The other thing I've done a couple times is move the file from trash to the desktop and then manually delete it using the rm command from the terminal.

This blob of code gets loaded by the Spotlight background daemon. It should get unloaded 'eventually' through we might be able to help it by poking Spotlight after a new version of the application is loaded (it still might not be immediate). I've logged <bug://bugs/43339> (Require re-index of OmniFocus data on launch of new version) on this issue though it might have to wait until a 1.x release.