The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to get "Due Soon," "Overdue," "Flagged"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The iPhone version of OmniFocus has some very useful TLIs (top level items): "Due Soon," "Overdue," "Flagged."

Is there any way to get those on the desktop OF?

Due Soon is available in the Perspectives menu. You can use the View Bar and Perspectives to create the other two. Have a look at the Perspectives video on Omni's OF page for more information.

Curt

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Due Soon is available in the Perspectives menu. You can use the View Bar and Perspectives to create the other two. Have a look at the Perspectives video on Omni's OF page for more information.

Is there a way to filter out items that are "No Due Date"? (which is what the iPhone does)

Quote:
Due Soon is available in the Perspectives menu.

No way to filter them out, other than using the View Bar to show only actions that are Due Soon in Context Mode. If you want to see actions that are due later but not those that have no due date, you can group by due date and then collapse the section headed No Due Date.

Doesn't really work for me. I miss the simplicity of the way "Due Soon," "Overdue," "Flagged" work on the iPhone.

santra,

Did you notice that you can save the view settings as a perspective and OF remembers the sections that you've collapsed/expanded?

Curt

Wow! That worked! At least for "Due." I collapsed "No Due Date", added the columns I wanted, clicked snapshot, put Perspective icon on toolbar, and I'm good to go.

1 down, 2 to go.

Quote:
santra,

Did you notice that you can save the view settings as a perspective and OF remembers the sections that you've collapsed/expanded?

Hint: To set up a perspective for Overdue actions, you need to have an overdue action to display. So you might create a temporary task due yesterday, expand the Due Yesterday group, collapse the others, and save the perspective.

Curt

OK, I'm good: have all 3 views now on desktop. Nice! Thanks.

Quote:
Hint: To set up a perspective for Overdue actions, you need to have an overdue action to display. So you might create a temporary task due yesterday, expand the Due Yesterday group, collapse the others, and save the perspective.