The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OmniFocus 2.0 Progress Report Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's the blog post where Ken "talks a lot more about what we've been up to": http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/entry/omni-plans-for-2013

And here's your invitation to come preview OmniFocus 2 in person: http://www.omnigroup.com/thedebut
 
Even with version 2, after all these years it looks like theres still no way to share projects or collaborate within omnifocus.
 
Probably because most everyone is saying "OmniFocus looks outdated", not "OmniFocus doesn't have the collaboration features I need"...and a new UI will make for attractive marketing graphics, unlike the preferences for configuring the sharing of some projects but not others.

Hopefully after OmniFocus 2 ships they'll get back to the years old project to link OmniPlan to OmniFocus (the OmniPlan 2 side was pulled out because the OmniFocus side wasn't ready for anything but the iPhone, as I recall). Overkill for just wanting to send a project to another OmniFocus user, but if you wanted to divide up a big chunk of work among a number of resources and have some idea how the project was going, it looked pretty slick.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Probably because most everyone is saying "OmniFocus looks outdated", not "OmniFocus doesn't have the collaboration features I need"...and a new UI will make for attractive marketing graphics, unlike the preferences for configuring the sharing of some projects but not others.

Hopefully after OmniFocus 2 ships they'll get back to the years old project to link OmniPlan to OmniFocus (the OmniPlan 2 side was pulled out because the OmniFocus side wasn't ready for anything but the iPhone, as I recall). Overkill for just wanting to send a project to another OmniFocus user, but if you wanted to divide up a big chunk of work among a number of resources and have some idea how the project was going, it looked pretty slick.
I think almost everyone has the occasion to share projects with someone else, a boss, an employee, a spouse, a team member etc. it's not some obscure need peculiar to just a few people.
 
let us see what they are offering for new functionality and the upgrade price. Then I will see, if I will return.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
I think almost everyone has the occasion to share projects with someone else, a boss, an employee, a spouse, a team member etc. it's not some obscure need peculiar to just a few people.
Ah, but are they complaining to Omni about it? I don't keep count, but I see more messages on the forum whining about the look and feel of OmniFocus for Mac. Omni looks at the numbers of requests.
 
I am very happy and nervous about OmniFocus 2.0 as I have been an OF user since it was Kinkless and it is so much a part of my daily life, any drastic changes will take some getting used to (but i have a project for that).

Wish List:
- A little refresh of design (sounds like it is coming)
- Forecast and Review (sounds like that is coming)
- Better context / Project handling in Perspectives
- Statistics built in

BZ
 
I was listening to the Ken Case interview podcast and am happy to hear that progress is being made.

I've had to use Asana for "collaborative" purposes and do understand the dilemma with multi-user setups. The idea of forwarding tasks and projects to others would be nice but I can understand Ken Case's arguments about not trying to complicate OmniFocus with the collaborative stuff. He does argue that OmniPlan would be a better choice for collaborative project work because OmniPlan has the report tools necessary for project status reports.

I can understand how some folks want to be able to forward tasks to others in a collaborative setup. But I think this may not work because everyone will have their own favorite task management program that may or may not be OmniFocus. Some of my colleagues use either Pocket Informant, Things, 2Do, or any number of programs. I guess the only way to do it is to just e-mail the task to someone as either an e-mail message or some kind of Outlook format that is easily readable (similar to vCard perhaps?).

The Omni Server does sound interesting as a way to share tasks with other OmniFocus users.

OmniFocus 2.0 will probably not yet have the OmniPlan integration yet. That sounds like something for OmniFocus 2.5.

I'm sure many of us will be eagerly awaiting the public beta. I know I'm looking forward to it. :-D
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
I was listening to the Ken Case interview podcast and am happy to hear that progress is being made.
What podcast? Is there a url link to this?
tia
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Omnifocus weekly report script.... fmantek OmniFocus Extras 13 2013-01-21 11:26 PM
Take Export from OmniSync for Omnifocus and create report? JonSingh OmniFocus Extras 0 2012-08-06 02:02 PM
OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress- folder bub Other WebDAV 2 2010-12-04 07:52 AM
Omnifocus report template for iWork Numbers '09? signal15 OmniFocus 1 for Mac 1 2009-04-21 12:59 PM
iGTD to Omnifocus importer now has progress bar RobTrew OmniFocus Extras 24 2008-02-13 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.