The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Next next action autofill date and context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I've got a project "grocery store" and I have four action items for purchase that are listed all with dates and contexts assigned (all the same), and I want to add another item, is there a way to autofill, for lack of a better word, the date and time so it matches the rest of the items without having to manually fill those in for every new item?

If there's more than one way to do this I'd be grateful to hear about each of them.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you want to set the context and dates on the project, so they will be "inherited" by the contained actions. (The context will be copied to any new actions, so if you later change the context for the project, the existing actions will keep the old context. The dates are implicitly adopted by the contained actions, so changing the dates on the project will effectively change the dates of any contained actions that don't override those dates. The project dates have priority as well, so if the project is due April 15 but one of its actions has a due date of April 20, it will be considered to be due on April 15 because of the project due date.)