The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selected Tasks to iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd really like to get the flagged items script working as well- the single task script works fine, but I get the same error as connie above- anyone any idea?

I'd love to get the flagged items as well! Has anyone done this?

Mark

I can't seem to find this in the iCal package:

/Applications/iCal.app/Contents/Resources/urlPrefixes.plist

I don't even get an error when trying to add a task, just the application focus shifts for a second (like I would expect) then back to OF without anything added to iCal. I am running OF version 1.02, iCal version 3.04, and OS X 10.5.4.

Another issue is that I actually had to create the Omnifocus folder in th Library/Scripts to have the folder appear in the Scripts menu in the Finder menu bar. The script also does not seem to show up when I try to change the OF menu bar as instructed in a previous thread...any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman88 View Post
I can't seem to find this in the iCal package:

/Applications/iCal.app/Contents/Resources/urlPrefixes.plist

I don't even get an error when trying to add a task, just the application focus shifts for a second (like I would expect) then back to OF without anything added to iCal. I am running OF version 1.02, iCal version 3.04, and OS X 10.5.4.
iCal changed quite a bit under Leopard. Was original script for Tiger?

Quote:
Another issue is that I actually had to create the Omnifocus folder in th Library/Scripts to have the folder appear in the Scripts menu in the Finder menu bar.
That's typical on a fresh system.

Quote:
The script also does not seem to show up when I try to change the OF menu bar as instructed in a previous thread...any thoughts?
Have you restarted OmniFocus since adding the Library/Scripts folder and the script?

Curt

I downloaded the script from these forums, and it was posted in this thread 10-06-2007, 04:35 AM, so it may be for Tiger. Does anyone have this script working in Leopard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarke View Post
My apologies for "improving" the script in an unfunctional way.
You apparently forgot to remove/comment out the line that reads "return newTaskList" (which was presumably there for debugging purposes). I eliminated that line and it works.

-Steve

Any update on this one? Just started using onminfocus for desktop and iPhone and i'd love to be able to set a default alert on iCal

Me too... I'd love to get these scripts to work. I have Leopard 10.5.5 here.
Thanks for making them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotster View Post
You apparently forgot to remove/comment out the line that reads "return newTaskList" (which was presumably there for debugging purposes). I eliminated that line and it works.

-Steve
You hit the nail on the head.

OK, OK, due to, well, not "overwhelming demand," but at least a few inquiries, and a certain amount of trying-to-avoid-other-things on my part, here is a 2.0 version of the script, with rather a lot of changes.

First of all, I fixed the aforementioned bug. {wink} Also, I have riddled it with comments. For example, somebody asked uku "Do you know if there's a way to edit this script so that the to-do does NOT contain the note and URL? I just want those fields to be left blank." It should be quite easy for anybody who wants the script to do less than it currently does to just double-click the script icon, and delete the parts that do what they don't want to have happen.

I added the second half of the code for multiple items. So, if you option-click to select multiple tasks in an OF window, then run the script, all the selected tasks will be copied to iCal.

If there are NO tasks selected when you run the script, then it will instead become the "Flagged to iCal" script, copying all flagged tasks in OF into iCal. Well, it will specifically get all tasks that are flagged, are not blocked, and are not completed.

And I've also bundled in a bonus script, called "OmniFocus Script Installer." While "tasks to iCal 2.0" has been saved as a regular script, the Script Installer is an applet. When you double click it, it will copy all script files (specifically, all files that have an extension of .scpt) that are in the same folder over to the appropriate folder for appearing in the scripting menu. (It copies the files to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus, or to be very specific, to the 'OmniFocus' folder of the 'Applications' folder of the scripting folder in the user's domain, wherever that happens to be.) This little applet also switches on the scripting menu in the menu bar.

If anybody finds any more bugs or problems, go ahead and post them. I'll probably get them fixed and a revised version up here in, oh, another 14 months. :eek:
Attached Files
File Type: zip tasks to iCal 2.0.zip (28.9 KB, 537 views)

Oh, and this was done under OS X version 10.5.5.

Also, if any other scripter wants to use "OmniFocus Script Installer," they are welcome to do so. Just give me credit for it somewhere, and perhaps tell me that you're using it.