The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Possible quick fix to syncing problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
The order of tasks in one of my main projects doesn't match; the order on the iPhone doesn't match the order on the Desktop OF. I did some chancing of task order (which is unsorted) and it doesn't match the iPhone. Isn't it supposed to?
Yes, the order of actions within a project should match on the phone and desktop.

Quote:
Also, the contents of the iDisk ofocus package are already starting to balloon in size and number after 5 hours. Not good.
It's not clear if what you're seeing is good or bad without more information.

OmniFocus records each change in a separate transaction file, so that each device can tell which changes are the newest when resolving editing conflicts (where two devices have changed the same item). After every device has had a chance to process a transaction, it becomes eligible to be coalesced (or "smooshed") with other old transactions, at which point you'll start to see those old transactions disappear.

Each OmniFocus device records snapshots of what work it has processed by writing a new ".client" file. Each of these stick around for at least an hour, to make sure that any other clients that might have a synchronize in progress get a chance to see them.
 
OK, so I'm screwed--something's wrong. Can someone please tell me how to delete all the OF files on MobileMe so that I can then start over? Thanks.
 
Sure! In a web browser, go to <http://idisk.mac.com/MYACCOUNT/Documents>, replacing "MYACCOUNT" with your own account name. Log in. You should see your iDisk's Documents folder.

Select "OmniFocus.ofocus", and you should see a little delete icon appear on the right side of the selected row. Click on it, and you'll be asked "Are you sure you want to delete OmniFocus.ofocus and all its contents?" Press "OK".

Hope this helps!
 
That worked great. Really. But the order of tasks is still wrong in the same project on the desktop vs. iPhone. I'm scratching my head over this one...think I'm missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sure! In a web browser, go to <http://idisk.mac.com/MYACCOUNT/Documents>, replacing "MYACCOUNT" with your own account name. Log in. You should see your iDisk's Documents folder.

Select "OmniFocus.ofocus", and you should see a little delete icon appear on the right side of the selected row. Click on it, and you'll be asked "Are you sure you want to delete OmniFocus.ofocus and all its contents?" Press "OK".

Hope this helps!
 
Well, really, I'm think I'm good--basically--with all the stuff about blowing away the database. Really. Ken's instructions were flawless. I even went so far as to delete OF from my iPhone and then repurchase it (for free) and reinstall it.

So the problem with ordering this one project must be something else. The items out of order are (1) items that went "Due Soon," "Overdue" and "Flagged" and that I then dragged manually to a different position in the project; and (2) an item that recurs every 4 hours and moves up the list toward the top. For (1), on the iPhone the items are still stuck at the bottom, though they're at the top of the list on OF Desktop where I moved them earlier today. For (2), that item isn't properly "advancing" up the list on the iPhone.

Are these aberrations? Or just "exceptions" to the syncing of "ordering of tasks" (which usually works)?
 
OK, there's good news and bad news.

The good news is that syncing is working AWESOMELY. It's so dependable that I can sync back and forth on the iPhone and the Desktop, and each sync is usually only 15 seconds. Incredible! Projects magically appear on the other platform, no matter which they were created on.

The bad news:

With brand-new, generic projects, each task with an assigned context, no tasks having start or due dates, syncing of a CHANGED order ONLY WORKS ONE WAY: from iPhone -----> Desktop.

Repeat: if you CHANGE the order of tasks on the Desktop, the order on the iPhone does NOT change.

This is ONLY a problem for Tasks. Projects, no matter which platform they are reordered on, correctly sync over (i.e., the order) to the other platform.

Last edited by santra; 2008-08-06 at 01:23 PM..
 
Mine seems to be slowing down again, though the db file isn't any bigger.
 
santra: We found a bug with that* (maybe at your prompting, I'm not sure) and fixed it this afternoon. There might still be a few wrinkles there, so if anything still seems not right, let us know.

*EDIT: "that" refers to changed order not getting synced properly.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-08-07 at 03:52 PM..
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems on iPad Syncing But Not Mac Wildcat_1 Other WebDAV 1 2010-12-15 02:54 PM
Problems with syncing imlad OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2010-04-22 06:27 PM
OmniFocus.ofocus syncing problems inkfreq iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing 2 2009-07-09 05:36 PM
Problems Syncing to a Thumb Drive rloconne OmniFocus Syncing 1 2008-09-26 07:18 PM
Syncing problems with WebDav matt_c Other WebDAV 5 2008-07-10 05:35 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.