The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
12AM / 12PM problem hiding tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Gang,

Every morning I review my task list using the "available" filter but on mondays I do it with the "remaining" filteer on so I can make sure nothing falls through the cracks. I noticed this morning that a lot of the 9/24 (today) items were greyed out. Upon further investigation I realized they were setting as 12:00 PM instead of AM. This makes my AM task review hide a bunch of today's tasks. I can't seem to change them in the inspector and can not seem to find a setting. Anybody know a way around this?

David

www.macsparky.com
 
anyone? Beuller?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSparky View Post
Every morning I review my task list using the "available" filter but on mondays I do it with the "remaining" filteer on so I can make sure nothing falls through the cracks. I noticed this morning that a lot of the 9/24 (today) items were greyed out. Upon further investigation I realized they were setting as 12:00 PM instead of AM. This makes my AM task review hide a bunch of today's tasks. I can't seem to change them in the inspector and can not seem to find a setting. Anybody know a way around this?
David,

Try changing the time in the bottom field of the drop-down calendar attached to the Due Date field in the action row or in the Inspector.

And, file a bug report ... which you probably have done already.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSparky View Post
Hi Gang,

Every morning I review my task list using the "available" filter but on mondays I do it with the "remaining" filteer on so I can make sure nothing falls through the cracks. I noticed this morning that a lot of the 9/24 (today) items were greyed out. www.macsparky.com
Well, this just happened to me, but in "available" mode. Yesterday I added a task during mid afternoon with a start on today. Today, it didn't show up in the morning, when I had time to do it.

This had been a problem in the past, but Omni fixed it. I wonder if it's a Monday thing??
 
Bug Report filed and it does change in the bottom corner of the calendar button but that is a royal pain. Hopefully they'll sort it out with the next build. This little problem really breaks my entire workflow. The first serious problem I've had with OmniFocus.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
This had been a problem in the past, but Omni fixed it. I wonder if it's a Monday thing??
Is it possible that you added these items before OmniGroup fixed the problem?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Is it possible that you added these items before OmniGroup fixed the problem?
No, the "feature" was changed some time ago (setting the time to 12AM), I added the action two days ago and missed the reminder yesterday.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
No, the "feature" was changed some time ago (setting the time to 12AM), I added the action two days ago and missed the reminder yesterday.
I can't seem to reproduce this problem here. If you can tell us exactly how you got noon when entering just a date (with very specific steps), hopefully we'll be able to reproduce it which is the first step to tracking it down and fixing it.

Thank you!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I can't seem to reproduce this problem here. If you can tell us exactly how you got noon when entering just a date (with very specific steps), hopefully we'll be able to reproduce it which is the first step to tracking it down and fixing it.
I know that on the morning of the 24th I checked my available tasks in context mode (I use ungrouped, Project, Available, any, any). In the afternoon a new task appeared on the list that wasn't there earlier. Once I saw it, I recalled that I had created it the day before, in the afternoon, with a start day of the 24th (at the time, I probably entered "tomorrow") - so I thought maybe the setting of 12AM when a new start date is entered no longer worked. I completed the task and checked it as complete. I've just found the task in the completed list and it does have a 12AM time for starting date. So now I'm wondering whether I was sane that day.

I'll be on the lookout for another similar incident. For now, I'd forget about it.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hiding projects/single-action-lists with no due tasks Gushed OmniFocus 1 for Mac 7 2012-04-21 05:57 PM
Prevent hiding tasks upon completion in Context view? eirkeirkeirk OmniFocus for iPhone 4 2011-01-25 09:12 PM
Problem With Saving Tasks Lnaccarato OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2011-01-17 07:03 AM
Hiding completed tasks relaxedguy OmniPlan General 7 2007-08-02 04:57 PM
Hiding completed tasks relaxedguy OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2007-07-31 09:45 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.