The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug in new no-Context task creation? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm in the context mode view *with 'No Context' selected in the left pane.
I create a new task, and assign it to a project.
I then switch to planning mode view, and I find the task in the inbox instead of in the project.
If I go through the same steps, but instead start by creating the task with a 'real' context selected, the task appears under the project as expected.

Bizarre?

An item with a project and no context goes into Inbox, an item with a project and a context goes into the project.

I think that makes sense, as the project-but-no-context is techncially an open loop you haven't processed yet.

Whether this is by design or accident is anyone's guess, though.