The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Migrating from Notebook to OO. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi, I am migrating from Notebook to OO (since I am adopting also OmniFocus). I have a few questions that would make my life easier if anyone has an answer or suggestion.

(1) Export | Import: What is the best way to export from Notebook. I have tried several, and so far '.opml' it's the best in preserving the format. I loose any attachments, which is a big deal, since I have documented a lot of work with images in my notebook. I tried '.rtfd' which preserves attachments, yet it looses all the structure of the document, making the readability and navigation pretty much useless. Any ideas on this front?

(2) Checkbox: Is there anyway in OO to add a 'checkbox' only to a given row and use it visually as a way to mark an 'action'? I know I saw a menu option to do so, but I wish there was some sort of shortcut or script to do it. I take notes on meetings with Notebook, and it's super helpful to clearly make actions from notes by adding a checkbox.

(3) Clipping: Is there any easy way to create clippings within a given OO document? The way I use to use it in notebook, was by in any of my documents, inserting a clipping and bringing the information into the 'right' areas, versus having a document that has all the clippings. Is this possible? I check but could not make it work this way.

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited by Tinchohs; 2007-11-04 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: I had no answer, so I'll change the title to something that hope it will be more clear.