The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mercurial vs .graffle files: \r and \n in filenames Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I decided to switch my personal version control system to mercurial (http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/). When adding my existing files to the repo I kept getting errors about files containing "\r" and "\n" in the file name. After some poking around, it turns out .graffle files are the culprit. Other package file types such as .pages seem to work ok.

Any clues as to why .graffle files might have these chars. in their file names, and is their anything I can do about it, except creating a script to zip them prior to committing (which would kinda sorta break version control a bit).

Thanks,

/M.

It's due to the dynamic icon for the file, if you have OmniGraffle 4.2.1 you can use the Document Settings Inspector to save the file out as a "flat" file and not a package.