The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

QuickEntryItemsGoToInbox where is it? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry for the retarded question but regarding:

"Items entered in Quick Entry are now filed immediately if you assign them to a project or context, rather than being left in the inbox [...] you can get the old behavior by setting the QuickEntryItemsGoToInbox default to true.

I did a search in:

com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist
com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.QuickEntry.plist

but it didn't come up. Anyone could tell me where that QuickEntryItemsGoToInbox value is located? Thanks!

oh yuck, that's an awful change. Someone tell me how to change this setting back.

Personally I think it's good as I wouldn't want to review every singleton action I put in: after all, if I've given it a context I've already processed it haven't I? However, it's a good idea to be able to toggle it with a preference for folks who work a different way.

I make a point not to process everything right away, even if I do assign it a context or a project when I jot it down, and I don't like anything leaving my Inbox until I've told it to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady
oh yuck, that's an awful change. Someone tell me how to change this setting back.
* Quit OmniFocus
* Open the com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist in Property List Editor and add a new entry by hand:
Code:
Property List: QuickEntryItemsGoToInbox     Class: Boolean     Value: Yes
* Save your changes and relaunch; this should fix it.

My 2 English pence worth is that I like the default. I prefer to deal with stuff once and if I've set a project and context then, as far as I'm concerned I don't want to think about it again until I'm actioning it.

Oh thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmore
* Quit OmniFocus
* Open the com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist in Property List Editor and add a new entry by hand:
Code:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady
Oh thank you.
Any time. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmore
* Quit OmniFocus
Code:
cool! I didn't realize you had to create a new entry, I was looking all over the place for an entry with value "false" ;)

I'm with GeekLady; this is a horrible default setting. (Sent formal feedback already.) I certainly respect people wanting to have the new behavior as an option, but it's just too prone to having items slip through the cracks. This is especially true with items that have a project but no context, since they can cause a project to have no available actions.

Curt