The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Focus in New window' shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

This may be something that i've overlooked but from a Context window, when I CTRL click on an action, there is an option to 'Focus in New Window'. I cannot find this in the menus, is there a shortcut or can I make a shortcut to do this.

At the moment ''Focus in New Window' requires a two handed operation and it's a feature i've started to use a lot and want to make access to it easier.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks Kiran

Option-double-clicking on a row handle will also do focus in new window. It originally was just double-click, but apparently too many users were getting confused about where all of their projects had gone.

Do you not have your mouse or trackpad configured to allow single-handed right-clicking?

No, I prefer my mouse as a one button setup! Just thought there was some way of making one of the function keys a shortcut or something.
Just another thought would it be easy to write a simple script to do that?

If you insist on tying one arm behind your back, tasks involving both hands will often prove more difficult...

You can restore the earlier behavior of OmniFocus where double-clicking on an action's row handle would do the Focus in New Window treatment by issuing the following command in the Terminal while OmniFocus is not running:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus DoubleClickToFocusRequiredModifierKeyFlags -int 0

[QUOTE=whpalmer4;121327]If you insist on tying one arm behind your back, tasks involving both hands will often prove more difficult...

LOL, thanks for that, i'll give that a go in Terminal!