The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

looking for ical appts applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like omnifocus to go get today's appointments from iCal (not iCal todos) and put them in a project. I want to be able to see my schedule for the day in a perspective in OF. Anyone know of an applescript that does that?

Anyone interested in writing this applescript for me?

I looked at this briefly when you made your original post, and got the impression (possibly erroneous) that extracting the one-off appointments is easy via Applescript, and the repeating ones, not so much. There is a tool out there that seems to have some of the necessary pieces, but it works by parsing the iCal files and I'm unsure as to whether it plays with the new MobileMe calendars. Writing a new project into the OF database with a list of actions retrieved from the calendar system seems like it should be relatively straightforward once the problem of retrieving the actions is handled. I assume you want to map appointment start time to action start time, and appointment duration to action duration?

https://github.com/scooby/dailyrepor.../trunk/#readme

I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm hoping for something even simpler. The appointment start time doesn't need to be mapped to action start time. Don't need duration info at all. My appointments are not repeating events.

Basically, I live with Omnifocus on my screen. Rather than having to switch to iCal to see my schedule for the day, I'd like a "project" that shows each of today's appointment as a todo. It's just for informational purposes. So, my Omnifocus Perspective could include an "iCal" project. The only info in each todo I need is the title of the iCal event and the start time. Ex: '1PM lunch with Clyde', or '3:30PM Department Meeting'.

Thanks again.