The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

find-as-you-type - OW5.x or OW6.x Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The one thing I really really miss in Omniweb, and I'm not alone here from what I read, is 'find-as-you-type'. I would appreciate it if the OmniGuys would tell is this feature is at all planned or not, and if yes, will this be in a 5.x version or do we need to wait for the big 6?

Thanks very much for an otherwise outstanding browser!

Please Answere Yes ! ^^

Yeah it already has it for links - maybe they could make a preference which gives you the option of looking for links or looking for any text on the page. I would love this feature, one of the things I really miss from firefox.

Planned? I believe they have already stated yes in other threads. For OmniWeb 5.x? No.

I could be misremembering though.

Note, fwiw they did have a half-implemented version of this in earlier versions of OmniWeb 5.x which could be activated by a hidden preference, but it caused a number of unexpected issues and was therefore never fully implemented and eventually dropped (unless it still lingers following the switch to WebKit?).

thanks very much. would you mind telling me what that hidden preference is or where I can find it? thanks!

I honestly don't remember it, and I would also strongly advise against activating it if you do find it (assuming it is possible to activate it). The implementation was effectively unusable, hence the reason it was dropped.

ah I see - seems I have to forget about it for now. Thanks nevertheless! Much appreciated!