The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Home page as soon as switched on Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How to reload directly onto a selected home page when I switch on the computer? I tried to find out but cannot find:(
I've been using Opera for years & this browser can do it:)

You want OmniWeb to launch automatically and open a specific page?

In System Preferences, click on Accounts, then select your account and click on Login Items. Click the + sign, and navigate to where you've put the OmniWeb application. Click the Add button. This will cause OmniWeb to launch whenever you log in.

To get OmniWeb to open a page at startup, you've got a couple of choices. One is to open the OmniWeb preferences, select the General preferences, click the radio button for Start Page and select the one that allows you to enter a URL (and enter the URL, obviously).

Another option would be to create a default workspace that has Auto-Save while browsing enabled. That will reopen any windows in that workspace when you start the browser. For details on workspaces, check out the tutorial at the OmniWeb product page, or the manual.

Thanx for your answer. I knew & I have done the "Preferences things" already:)
Looking forward to watch the tutorial right now...